Do you want to cancel your Facebook ad? It can be done, and it’s not as hard as you might think! In this article, we’re going to walk through how you can cancel your Facebook ads, and why you should consider doing so before it’s too late. Read on to discover how you can stop wasting money on ads that aren’t working!
Go to your Ads Manager
- Login to your Ads Manager and click the Pending tab.
- Find the campaign you want to cancel and click on it.
- In the upper-right corner, click Cancel Campaign.
- Confirm that you want to stop running this campaign by clicking Cancel My Campaign.
- If you only want to pause your ads, change the start and end dates for your campaign instead of cancelling it completely. You can also do this with a daily budget if you’re not sure how long your break will last.
Find the Ad You Want to Cancel
1) Go to the ad on Facebook.
2) Click on Link in the top right corner.
3) Select Report and Delete.
4) Select Yes when the pop-up window appears.
5) Click OK.
6) You will see a new window that says, Are you sure you want to delete this campaign?
7) Click Delete Campaign.
8) If your campaign is set up as an Instant Deal or Offer, it will not cancel if you delete it from the web–you must cancel from within the Deals Manager.
9) Once deleted, you can create a new campaign for the same objective with a new budget and date range.
Click the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the Ad
1) Click on the three-line icon in the upper right-hand corner.
2) Click Settings.
3) Click Ads in the left-hand navigation menu.
4) Click on Why am I seeing this ad? in the top navigation menu.
5) Select an option from the list, and then click Why am I seeing this ad? again to continue.
6) Click Submit a request next to your preferred action.
Click on Why am I seeing this ad? . Choose why you want to block ads for particular content on your account, and then select Next in each step until you reach that content type listed on your profile page (we recommend selecting all applicable options).
Click on Why am I seeing this ad? . Continue through each step until you get to a screen listing all of your blocked content types.
Click on Why am I seeing this ad?
Select Edit from the drop-down menu
- Click the drop-down menu on the top right of your screen and select Settings.
- Click Ads in the left sidebar.
- Select Pricing and Placements and then click Edit.
- Click Cancel Ads on the right side of the screen to cancel your ads with Facebook .
- Check any box that says Yes, I would like to turn off my ads to confirm your cancellation request.
- Then scroll down and click Close or Save Changes at the bottom of the page. That’s it! If you’re wondering how to stop running a particular ad campaign, please refer back to our previous blog post about how to set up a new ad campaign for tips and tricks on what we think are important details for setting up an effective campaign. Happy advertising!
Confirm that you want to cancel the Ad
You can cancel your ad anytime. Just click the Cancel button on the page for the ad you want to cancel.
You’ll get a confirmation screen that asks if you’re sure you want to cancel. Click Yes.
This will take you to a summary of your cancelled ads, and then return you to your Ads Manager dashboard. The ad you just canceled will no longer show up in your Active ads list. If it has already been shown to people and had impressions or clicks, those won’t be impacted by cancelling it.
To review what type of campaign this is, open the Overview tab at the top of the screen. Next to Campaigns, you’ll see its name (e.g., Branded Post), which tells you what type of campaign it is and how much was spent so far on this campaign before cancelling it. It’s important to know what type of campaign this is because if an advertiser wants to cancel all their campaigns across multiple accounts with one click (as opposed to cancelling each one individually), they need to be sure they select All in their account settings first.
Click Cancel at the Bottom of the Page
- Log into your account with your username and password.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Ads from the menu on the left-hand side of your screen and click Manage Ads.
- Find the ad you want to cancel, then click on it and select Cancel ad.
- If you have an active campaign, you’ll be prompted to either cancel all ads in that campaign or continue running them while canceling this one ad.
- Click Cancel All, then confirm that you want to stop running these ads by clicking Yes. 7. Your ad will now appear as Cancelled in the Active Campaigns column. You can also view a list of all cancelled ads by going to Reports > Cancelled Ads Report.
- It can take up to 24 hours for your cancellation request to take effect, so if your ad doesn’t show as Cancelled, please wait 24 hours before reordering your ad again.
- If you are experiencing any issues with cancelling an order, please contact customer service at .
- Remember: You can always create another campaign and set a new budget to get started again!
To cancel your Facebook ad, head to the ads manager. Click on the drop-down menu and select Create Ads in the left column. Next, click on Manage Ads at the top of the page and then choose Cancel Campaign from the list of options. From there, simply type in your ad campaign ID or name and click Cancel Campaign. If you’re unsure about which campaign you want to cancel, hover over it for a few seconds and a window will pop up with its ID number. If you’ve canceled an individual ad by mistake, use this same process to delete it from the ads manager instead of canceling an entire campaign.