No matter how good your copywriting skills are, if no one knows about you, it won’t get you very far. The fact is that the vast majority of copywriters out there are not very good at marketing themselves or their business, so if you want to stand out from the crowd, it’s time to learn how to market your copywriting business. When it comes to marketing your copywriting business, you’re not going to have all the answers right away. But that’s okay, because there are a ton of ways to market your copywriting business and make money online as a freelance writer or content creator. Your marketing strategy may look different than anyone else’s, but as long as you get results, then that’s what matters most! Here are some proven techniques and strategies you can use to market your copywriting business and attract clients faster than ever before.
Principle 1: Avoid peaks and troughs with non-stop marketing
Marketing is an essential element of any copywriter’s work. To keep your message fresh, it’s best to avoid peaks and troughs with a non-stop marketing plan. This means you need to be constantly thinking about how to promote yourself, because even the most incredible piece of content won’t do the trick if no one knows who you are or what you can do.
There are many ways that a copywriter can boost their visibility, but here are some key considerations:
* Use social media: You should have profiles on all the major networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn. Share quality content relevant to your industry as well as helpful articles related to writing, Not only does this help people find you, it also boosts your credibility.
* Write guest posts for other sites: Guest posting can be a great way for copywriters with smaller audiences in less competitive industries to build connections and raise their profile by showcasing their expertise in front of bigger audiences.
Principle 2: Diversify your efforts
It’s important to diversify your efforts when marketing a copywriting business, as each client is different. For example, some clients may prefer email outreach while others may want you to contact them through LinkedIn. Regardless of the method or medium, it’s important that you try and maintain consistency in the content of your marketing materials. This will help you establish a professional brand and make it easier for potential clients to choose you over another copywriter. Some great ways to grow your audience include:
– Adding social media buttons on your website
– Joining relevant Facebook groups
– Hosting blog contests
– Running ads on Facebook – Writing guest blogs
– Creating YouTube videos – Sending out regular newsletters
– Appearing in podcasts and webinars
Principle 3: Be consistent with yourself
Be consistent with yourself. You can’t sell something you don’t believe in. The best way to create a following is by being genuine and transparent about who you are and what you stand for. If you’re not on the same wavelength as your audience, they’ll know it from the get-go. So if you’re trying to promote veganism but have an Instagram feed full of chicken nuggets, people will see right through it. Or if you tell people to follow their passions while blasting out posts that say follow your passion without any explanation or context, they’ll tune out. Keep your message honest and be true to yourself–that’s how you build trust with followers.
Principle 4: Share your content in the right places
Step four of the process is to share your content in the right places. This means sharing it on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media platforms that are relevant for you. But it also means getting it out in front of readers on blogs and websites who might not know about you. You can do this by submitting guest posts or contributing articles online that show off what you can do. Most importantly, don’t be afraid to ask others for help—they may be more than happy to introduce you to their audience. It’s also a good idea to get yourself listed as an expert at a site like Clarity.fm so that experts in your field can turn to you when they need an answer. If you have any personal experience with a topic they’re writing about, offer to write a guest post on their blog and point them in the direction of your services if it will make sense. And then there’s always traditional marketing, which includes cold-calling potential clients and meeting with them face-to-face (or over coffee).
Marketing tactics for copywriters
- Create a website or blog where you can showcase your portfolio and talk about the different types of copywriting services that you offer.
- Utilize social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to grow your network and connect with potential clients.
- Start a newsletter that shares recent work samples, company updates, industry news, etc. You can use MailChimp for free if you don’t have access to design software for creating an email template and sending out emails manually on a regular basis
- Offer discounted rates for new customers – this will help get more people in the door and will also make them feel like they’re getting an exclusive deal from you!
- Write articles for other websites and blogs (i.e., guest posting) as a way to reach out to a larger audience and share your knowledge.
- Be active in local communities by joining Meetup groups related to your field of expertise or hosting workshops/events at libraries, churches, schools, etc.
- Consider offering project-based rates instead of hourly rates so that customers are paying less when they only need small amounts of assistance with their projects.
Read More: What Marketing Strategies Are The Most Beneficial For Large Businesses?
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I hope that it was helpful and that you learned something new. With these tips, you’ll be able to create a marketing plan for your copywriting business. You may also want to check out my post on how to start a blog or website if you haven’t done so yet! It has plenty of helpful advice as well.
If you’re interested in advertising on webpages or social media networks, we offer competitive rates with an all-inclusive package
We specialize in creating advertising strategies that are tailored to fit your needs
Contact us today to get started!
Thank you for reading and if you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below! I always enjoy hearing from my readers.